It is also critical, that students using ALL Technology facilities are aware of their responsibilities under the Workplace Health & Safety Act. 2012.
The Workplace Health and Safety Act 2012 states that you must:
- ensure that your actions do not put others at risk
- work safely
- use and maintain machinery and equipment properly
- ensure that your work area is free of hazards.
Students are required to cooperate with the school by:
- notifying their supervisor or teacher of actual and potential hazards
- wearing or using prescribed safety equipment
- carrying out work in a safe manner
- following workplace health and safety instructions
- taking notice of signs
- participating in safety training.
The Workplace Health and Safety Act also states that students must not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
Students therefore must not:
- move or deface signs
- tamper with warning alarms
- remove machine guards
- skylark (play tricks or practical jokes)
- play jokes
- behave in a way that results in risk to themselves and others
STUDENTS WHO ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM TECHNOLOGY COURSES.